My favorite things…. (2008)
So – I decided to steal this idea from another photog’s blog I keep up with. Similar to Oprah’s Favorite Things… I decided to list Nichole’s Favorite Things! My hope is that Santa will be perusing the Internet, stumble across my Blog and decide he should bring me something special since he now knows what I love most!
These are things I use ALL the time… my indulgences… things that keep me sane in the chaotic thing I call ‘LIFE’. They’re immaterial things that I could probably live without, but choose not to!
1. My IPod Nano – I SERIOUSLY get more use out of this thing than a normal person should! I listen to it in the car (thanks to my handy cord), at work, when I’m supposed to be working, when I’m trying to go to sleep, when I clean, when I eat, when I am Photoshopping…. It’s seriously my addiction.
2. And what am I listening to on my IPod? Usually Audiobooks thanks to www.audible.com. Right now I’m listening to the Twilight Series. It’s to die for…. or maybe, to ‘become a vampire’ for???
3. And of course – music from ITunes.
4. My creations wouldn’t be possible without my computer. My family knows I LIVE at my computer both night and day.
5. Maurice’s. Like 90% of my clothing comes from this store… Love it!
6. Where would I be without my camera!!! I love my camera. It’s seriously the best. Of course – all you Canon users might be thinking ‘not’. But oh well. I love it.
7. Dish Network’s version of the TiVO. I love this thing. We’ve had HD gear about as long as they’ve had it available. Everyone is just NOW starting to switch over to broadcasting HD. I don’t know why they didn’t sooner! I love television as much as the next guy – and being able to record it and see it in HD is even better.
8. I’ve never been so in-the-know. Kara (thanks Kara) introduced me to this free feed reader and I call it “Tivo for the internet.” Instead of having to repeatedly go to 20+ websites and hunting each for new info, now my Reader searches my usual bookmarks (all photographer blogs) automatically and brings all new posts to me, in one convenient location. You simply scroll down, reading the headline, a key paragraph and a photo for each entry – ordered chronologically by time received. If you want to read more from an entry, simply click on link. For most, you’ll just keep on scrolling to the next item, with your brain growing exponentially. This is a must for keeping up with my blog entries!